As the year comes to an end, we start to treat ourselves as an important renovation project. We are suddenly reminded of the idyllic lifestyle that we had once envisioned for ourselves, and we make our life about a “new me”! But when the New Year finally rolls around, something pulls us back into our “old life”. We sag back into the pace of what we have always been used to.
Truth is that change is hard.
While the prospect of change may excite us at first, sticking to the chores that come with it, and following through on the little things that actually make it happen, can be exhausting and rather demotivating in the long run.
That is why New Year resolutions (or any sweeping declaration of change) almost never succeed!
We need more than a decision or a declaration on the ideals of change. We need to find smaller units of important behaviours to commit to. We need to have achievable goals we can make efforts towards in a focused and sustained manner.
Behavior theorists have emphasized the utility of SMART goals in helping us improve our ability to self regulate behavior. They also talk in glowing terms of the importance of tracking, small, non-food rewards and structured planning for change.
And that’s precisely what this session will help you do! Join in to ease the change-making process
- If you plan to use a mobile phone to connect with us, we suggest you print the material we send you before the session. Instructions on what to print will be in the email
- If you plan to use a computer, please ensure you have a speaker and a microphone. Ideally, please use a headphone so that it reduces the surrounding noise.
- A camera is optional but helpful
- You should not face any technical difficulties as all you have to do is click a link to connect to us. We use zoom.us as our service provider for online meetings.
- Please note that we do not provide technical support. If you think you might need help, it might be a good idea to have someone from your office/home help you
- If you are unable to connect, we will refund your payment.