Everybody puts off things, leaves it to the last minute, postpones, delays … it is a common part of human behaviour. However, if you believe that procrastination has taken over and stops you from leading a good life, then this intervention is for you.
Slim.in defines procrastination as
- making a decision, for no valid reason, to delay or not complete a task or goal you’ve committed to, and
- doing something of lesser importance, despite there being negative consequences to not following through on the original task or goal.
Join us for a 7 week intervention on how to put off procrastination and achieve the success you deserve and desire. Be it doing better in school or job or even starting a new business. This intervention can help.
What we cover
- explore what you procrastinate about, how you procrastinate and common procrastination excuses you may use.
- common unhelpful rules and assumptions that underlie procrastination, and explore how the positive and negative consequences of procrastination work to keep you procrastinating.
- introduce you to the vicious cycle of procrastination, and outline how to change procrastination, and helps you commit to the change process.
- help you to identify procrastination excuses and learn how to challenge, test and change your excuses. Also teach you how to motivate rather than criticise yourself when you procrastinate.
- teach you practical behavioural strategies to help you stop procrastinating, these include knowing what to do, how to do it and when to do it.
- challenge and adjust the unhelpful rules and assumptions that give rise to your procrastination. Also help you learn how to tolerate the discomfort that leads you to procrastinate.
- help you get into a cycle of ‘doing’ rather than procrastinating.
7 sessions. Each session lasts for an hour. However, we recommend that you keep an additional 30 mins aside in case we run over. Particularly in the first couple of sessions.
If the above dates do not work for you, please leave your details and we will be in touch.
- If you plan to use a mobile phone to connect with us, we suggest you print the material we send you before the session. Instructions on what to print will be in the email
- If you plan to use a computer, please ensure you have a speaker and a microphone. Ideally, please use a headphone so that it reduces the surrounding noise.
- A camera is optional but helpful
- You should not face any technical difficulties as all you have to do is click a link to connect to us. We use zoom.us as our service provider for online meetings.
- Please note that we do not provide technical support. If you think you might need help, it might be a good idea to have someone from your office/home help you
- If you are unable to connect, we will refund your payment.