Weight loss is hard. Our 12-week intervention makes it easier
This 12-week intervention is to ensure that you have all the tools necessary to successfully lose weight.
Join us and lose weight .. for life.
What do we cover
Our eating plan is based on UK dietary guidelines and is customised to your height, weight, age and gender. It tells you how much starchy food, protein-rich food, dairy, fats/oil, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds you should be eating in a day. It even includes a daily cheat allowance that you can accumulate for a week!
Habits that help lose weight
We cover 14 habits that have been proven to help you lose weight. More importantly, we also cover commonly held myths that do not really affect weight.
How to change habits
Changing habits is hard. Changing a routine that has been a part of your life for the past 10, 15, 20 odd years is not easy. Yet, people overestimate their ability to change and are needlessly disappointed when they aren’t able to. If we had a rupee for every time someone told us “Eating breakfast is good? Ok, from tomorrow onwards, I will eat breakfast everyday”, we would have … well, enough to pray that Re. 1 coin does not get demonitised 🙂
We use behaviour change techniques that were developed to help in de-addiction programmes and adapt them for weight management. These include setting SMART goals, Rewarding oneself with non food rewards and Planning for change.
Work on changing two habits
Work with us on changing two habits including how to incorporate physical activity in to your daily routine
Nutrition label reading
Did you know that Kellogg’s’ Special K has more sugar than Parle G biscuits and more salt than Lays Classic Salted chips? Or than 0% cholesterol does not mean anything since dietary cholesterol is different from blood cholesterol? Learn how to interpret nutrition labels and the 4 nutrients of concern that you should focus on.
How to say NO to food when you want to say YES
Here we will learn on how to distinguish between hunger and cravings and how to deal with the latter using proven techniques.
Mindfulness (which is a new-age name for meditation) is taking over the world by storm and rightly so. We introduce mindful eating and help you enhance the flavour of what you eat manifold
Stress is a major factor for weight management to fail. We therefore introduce relaxation techniques to help you deal with things life throws at you!
If you find yourself eating a large number of calories in a short duration, feeling loss of control while eating, and feeling guilty/sick after you have done so, then please join our Binge Eating Disorder course. Please understand that dieting, in most cases, worsens binge eating.
12 sessions. Each session lasts for an hour. However, we recommend that you keep an additional 30 mins aside in case we run over. Particularly for the first couple of sessions.
If the above dates do not work for you, please leave your details and we will be in touch.
- If you plan to use a mobile phone to connect with us, we suggest you print the material we send you before the session. Instructions on what to print will be in the email
- If you plan to use a computer, please ensure you have a speaker and a microphone. Ideally, please use a headphone so that it reduces the surrounding noise.
- A camera is optional but helpful
- You should not face any technical difficulties as all you have to do is click a link to connect to us. We use zoom.us as our service provider for online meetings.
- Please note that we do not provide technical support. If you think you might need help, it might be a good idea to have someone from your office/home help you
- If you are unable to connect, we will refund your payment.