This intervention is designed to provide you with detailed information about depression and suggest strategies for how you can manage your mood.
Depression is a collection of feelings and behaviours that might affect you. You may find that you experience all or some of these feelings and behaviours. If you feel that these feelings and behaviours interfere with your effective day-to-day functioning, join us and we can help.
Depression is considered to be a disorder of mood. Individuals who are depressed, describe low mood that has persisted for longer than two weeks. In mild forms of depression, individuals may not feel bad all day but still describe a dismal outlook and a sense of gloom. In addition to sadness, other moods common to depression are anxiety, guilt and worthlessness & inadequacy
Individuals who are depressed tend to see themselves in a negative light. Often their self-esteem and self-confidence become very low. They dwell on how bad they feel, how the world is terrible, and on how hopeless everything is
Some physical symptoms of depression may include changes in sleep, appetite, sexual interest and energy levels.
- We do not cover/prescribe medication of any kind. Our intervention exists to supplement your doctor if you have one
- Although we can help you manage your moods better, we are not equipped to help with thoughts of self harm. Please seek immediate help with relevant experts and organisations. A list of these can be found on here.
What we cover
- An overview of depression, it’s symptoms & causes
- Information about psychotherapy for depression
- Behavioural strategies to manage depression by increasing activity levels, particularly fun activities
- Explore automatic thoughts and how thoughts influence feelings
- Change unhelpful thoughts that lead to negative emotions using various techniques
- Delve into core beliefs and how to change them
9 sessions. Each session lasts for an hour. However, we recommend that you keep an additional 30 mins aside in case we run over. Particularly for the first couple of sessions.
If the above dates do not work for you, please leave your details and we will be in touch.
- If you plan to use a mobile phone to connect with us, we suggest you print the material we send you before the session. Instructions on what to print will be in the email
- If you plan to use a computer, please ensure you have a speaker and a microphone. Ideally, please use a headphone so that it reduces the surrounding noise.
- A camera is optional but helpful
- You should not face any technical difficulties as all you have to do is click a link to connect to us. We use zoom.us as our service provider for online meetings.
- Please note that we do not provide technical support. If you think you might need help, it might be a good idea to have someone from your office/home help you
- If you are unable to connect, we will refund your payment.