Mini goals are an effective way of breaking up your overall goal into small chunks that make sure the larger goal is not overwhelming.
- Buy a new music album
- Drop a coin for every half kilo you lose into a clear jar – this can be a very visual reminder of how far you have come
- Watch a film
- Get new exercise gear
- Treat yourself to a beauty treatment or a day at the spa
- Get that new book/magazine/DVD you have been meaning to check out
- A pair of new running shoes
- Buy new hair accessories
- Buy a new swimsuit or clothes
- Get yourself a massage
- Take a friend for night out dancing
- Download a healthy recipe book
- Take a day off from work
- Join a healthy cooking class
- Buy/borrow a camera and take a nature walk with the family or friends.
- Plan a day out at a theme park
- Buy tickets to a concert
- Take a city weekend break
Over time, these non-food rewards will help break your habit of using food as a reward.